Flying has now become an integral part of travel – one that has dire need to be convenient and affordable. Virgin Atlantic is an airline stepping up to give its passengers loads of deals and offers. Here are some amazing Virgin Atlantic flight deals to avail of while booking your next flight.
* Last updated: Friday 7th of August 2020 11:23:36 PM
Virgin Atlantic is the name of trade for Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited and Virgin Atlantic International Limited. It was originally British Atlantic Airways, which later went through a name change after one of the partners sold his shares. Virgin Atlantic was established in 1984 and their maiden flight was from Gatwick Airport to Newark Liberty International Airport on 22nd June 1984.
With Virgin Atlantic tickets, you can fly to numerous destinations in the Caribbean, the Middle East,Africa, North America, and Asia.Glasgow and Belfast happen to be seasonal destinations for Virgin Atlantic flights. In the recent past, Virgin Atlantic has stopped its flights going to Sydney, Mumbai, Vancouver, Tokyo and Capetown. This airline is headquartered in Crawley, West Sussex.
Virgin Atlantic has a fleet of 47 in-service aircraft, majorly consisting of Airbus models. In addition, their fleet has orders of 12 Airbus 350-1000 for delivery in the spring of 2019. Both the airlines of Virgin Atlantic hold a CAA Type A Operating License, allowing them to carry mail and cargo aboard aircraft with more than 20 seats.
Virgin Atlantic flight tickets come with great in flight amenities while you travel through the air. Their in flight magazine, Vera, becomes your source of unlimited occupancy with its engaging content covering various news and information from across industries. They have an entertainment database that provides access to the latest movies and TV shows to the passengers. Not only this, they have special content for travelling children – animated movies and games. You can also get access to their collection of music on-board.
A Virgin Atlantic reservation gives you the opportunity of choosing the facilities you want to enjoy on-board the flight. They have a knack of serving their passengers well, so you can expect quality while you travel with them
- Economy class: Virgin Atlantic Flight tickets come with three choices in this class – delight, classic and light. Economy delight class allows passengers to use premium service desks at the airport for breezy check-ins and baggage deposit. These passengers board first, therefore the overhead bin space is also claimed first. Economy classic comes with seat selection included in the ticket, which means you don’t have to pay extra to get the seat of your choice. If you are travelling light, Economy Light is the ticket for you. These are great budget tickets for those travelling less on baggage.
- Premium: These tickets allow the passengers access to dedicated service desks and quick bag drops avoiding queues. The seats are large and roomy, being 21 inches wide with a footrest and a headrest. They are also equipped with a 38 inch seat pitch. Select flights offer on-board Wi-Fi which you can connect to when you board. You can choose from three meals on the menu, which will be served on chinaware with real cutlery instead of disposables. You get access to over 300 hours of entertainment in movies, TV and games.
- Upper Class: This is the most luxurious class offered by Virgin Atlantic. The seats in this travel class recline flat to double up as a bed. The dedicated cabin crew is always available to wake you up when it is time to land. There is facility of an ottoman chair and table if you have work to do. Additionally, every Upper Class cabin has its own step-zone into the aisle, eliminating the need to step on other passengers’ privacy. To up the experience, you are served with champagne as you board. The day and night menus are different based on the time you board the flight. You also get an option of aperitif if you so wish.
Upper Class and Premium members have the privilege of quick, advance check-ins, dedicated counters for baggage drop and exclusive lounges and waiting areas. Check-in can be done online 24 hours prior to boarding. Flight status is continuously updated via SMS and email to the passengers so that confusion can be avoided at the last moment. Baggage allowances are different for each travel class, and information is available online or on helpline numbers of Virgin Atlantic.
Virgin Atalntic AIRLINES INFO
- IATA CODE – VS
- ICAO CODE – VIR/VGI
- CALL SIGN – VIRGIN
- HEADQUARTERS – Crawley, West Sussex
Virgin Atlantic is headquartered in Crawley, West Sussex. It operates ten lounges worldwide, and has nine clubhouse locations. Premium and Upper Class travellers can enjoy lounge access and clubhouse activities available with the tickets. Virgin Atlantic deals are up for grabs, get yours today.