Vancouver is a very much alive and energetic city. Surrounded by beaches and mountains, Vancouver is both an urban as well as a natural playground. Its chic atmosphere, fondness for health-conscious eating and high-fashion boutiques have earned it the name “Hollywood North.” Book cheap flight tickets to Vancouver and visit all of its fantastic places without exceeding your set budget. Listed below are some facts that you need to know before travelling to Vancouver:
- In general, Vancouverites are quite friendly, helpful, and do not mind answering any questions if you are lost or need directions to your destination.
- Vancouver is the perfect mix of nature and urbanization. Just a half-hour drive outside downtown you will find a huge amount of hiking trails in the mountains and along the striking Pacific coastline.
- Vancouver is totally a walkable city. You will be spending most of your time on your feet, so be sure to bring your comfortable shoes.
- Vancouver is a multicultural city. Here you will find a large Asian population within the city and the suburbs, a broad mix of numerous other cultures and will often hear many different languages being spoken on the street.
- Warmed by the Pacific Ocean currents as well as protected by a range of mountains, Vancouver’s weather stays mild year-round. Reaching up to a high 70’s Fahrenheit (low 20’s Celsius) in the summer to a mild mid 40’s Fahrenheit (0º to 5º Celsius) in the winters, the climate is always very hospitable. The winters usually are wet, but it rarely has any snows, (except for the local ski hills).
- July and August are usually the driest months whereas for the rest of the year the climate in Vancouver is very moderate and it also is sometimes rainy with November being the wettest month.
- As the city is mostly surrounded by water on its three sides, it has quite a large number of bridges to the north and the south. Similar to most of the cities,Vancouver too has automobile services as the primary mode of transportation along with some alternatives such as the SkyTrain system, which is said to be the longest as well as fully automated light metro system in across the globe. It also has an extensive network of bicycle paths running throughout the city for people who are health conscious and prefer to have a workout while travelling.
- If you are planning to go clubbing with your friends, always remember that you are not allowed to consume alcohol if your age is less than 19. In addition to this, you will have to carry an identity proof stating your age so as to avoid getting into trouble with the authorities.
- In case of emergencies, dial 911 and explain the operator about your situation and they will surely send someone to help you out.
Keeping these few tips in mind before visiting Vancouver is going to benefit you in many ways and you will find it easier to get along the crowd and explore the city.
If you are thinking of going for some Red Eye cheap flight tickets to Vancouver the best option to do so is to book them way in advance instead of waiting until the last minute as the flight tickets tend to go high when you book them for immediate dates. You can also search for cheap flight to Vancouver on different airlines’ websites as they are always coming up with some or the other offer or some special discounts or deals that may help you to save a lot of money on your travel expenses.