For a city that is famous and formidable for its towering skyscrapers and ultramodern infrastructure on the exterior, Tokyo has quite a mellow, hospitable nature. Don’t let the concrete, stiff face of Tokyo fool you; let its people welcome you in. The fast-paced life of this city has no rival – perhaps this is one of the reasons people here know how to kick back and relax after a day of high speed. You will find a lively party scene here. On the other hand, Tokyo also shows you its innate culture through tightly knit family life that takes root in Japanese traditions. Removed from the cold concrete buildings, there is a Tokyo that lives in warm wooden homes with sloping roofs and a tea room. Check out Cheap Flights Freak for Air Canada reservations today for an exciting holiday in Tokyo.
THINGS TO ENJOY WITH AIR CANADA VACATIONS TO TOKYO
- teamLab Borderless: If the thought of conventional art galleries bores you, teamLab Borderless will amaze you. This digital art gallery, created by a collective, teamLab, showcases a highly immersive, real-life experience of 60 pieces of art. You can practically interact with the artworks on exhibit here! Watch how artworks behave as you touch them, move them or just stand still in front of them. Some of the artworks are digitally 3D – you can BE in them and see them respond to your touch! Get your Air Canada reservations to Tokyo done today!
- Shinjuku at night: You can safely say Shinjuku has a life of its own, an identity of its own that is rapidly growing as distinct as Tokyo itself. The busiest station in Tokyo, Shinjuku has all things glitzy – a whole westside full of glassy skyscrapers, an entire eastside dedicated to entertainment and shiny LED screens. You will get to see all the modern, technologically advanced things in Shinjuku, it being a city that more or less was birthed in the later 20th century – with all the gifts and privileges of a modern world. This will be the best part of your Air Canada vacations to Tokyo.
- Yoyogi-koen: What is a trip to Japan without viewing the beautiful cherry blossoms? Yoyogi-koen is a huge, sprawling acreage of grassy knolls and Sakura trees. This leisurely public place gives you a space to come for a picnic and meet people of all kinds of race and nationality. The colors you see here will depend on the season of your visit – autumn will show you lively reds and oranges, spring will show you soft pinks and summer will show you browns and greens. If you are lucky enough to be here during spring, witness the cherry trees go gaga with happiness, scattering petals of Sakura everywhere, bathing everything in pale pink and white softness.
- Fuji: This iconic mountain that adorns most of the postcards and images that define Japan is elusive to spot from Tokyo, but when you do, your heart is guaranteed to skip a beat or two. Pick out a clear, sunny day and head atop some of the taller buildings in the city. Looking westward you will be able to easily spot the peak of this silent, sleeping giant. Alternatively, if you feel more adventurous, you can travel westward with pilgrims and hikers that plan summits every summer. For those more laidback and chilled out, there are cafés and restaurants with a clear view of Fujiyama on clear days. Make sure to check out Cheap Flights Freak for Air Canada vacations to Tokyo.
- Kabuki-za: The Kabuki theatre is an artform native to Japan. It was developed in 18th and 19th century, and is an extremely colorful, dramatic and expressive form of theatre. The actors wear masks to portray characters of a play, and often there is dancing and songs involved with traditional musical instruments. Kabukiza is an old theater building reinvented for the artform – colorful, inviting and bursting with tradition.
Navigate to Cheap Flights Freak and search for great deals on Air Canada reservations right now. A chance to travel to Tokyo doesn’t come everyday – make sure you grab your Air Canada vacations to Tokyo and experience the lovely sights and scenes this city has to offer!