Rome – an ancient, artistic, romantic ruin. The way that art and romance manifest in this city is unique to it; the historical richness it is bestowed with is too great. There isn’t another city on the planet that instills awe in people through old tales of bloodbath, barbarianism and war. Perhaps it is this irony that draws travelers in to it. Perhaps it is this juxtaposition of thriving culture and art in the cusp of unrest and rebellion that makes for such enchanting roman legends and stories. A holiday in Rome is certainly a rewarding experience. Book United Airlines tickets to Rome to witness its grandeur with your own eyes. Cheap Flights Freak helps you get great deals on United Airlines reservations.
POINTS OF INTEREST
- Colosseum: Nearly two thousand years ago, this gigantic roman marvel was inaugurated with the purpose of entertaining the public with gladiatorial battles featuring feral animals and many a great warrior. The highlight of this Flavian Amphitheater is its complex architecture that comprises of stepped seating areas built atop chambers that housed caged animals and stage props. Now crumbling and bending down with age, this massive structure still manages to capture the sight and hearts of visitors. This sight is not to miss for the world!
- Pantheon: Brace yourself before you enter this two-millennia old megalith; its imposing bronze doors lead into an atrium covered by the planet’s largest unreinforced dome of concrete ever built! Such is the majestic taste of romans. Pantheon used to be a temple; it has since been converted into a church. Being so old, you will notice signs of ageing on this structure as well – and notice that they only accentuate its beauty. Be sure to visit this prominent structure during your stay in Rome; make sure you get your United Airlines reservations to Rome asap!
- Peter’s Basilica: A visit to Italy deserves a visit to its largest, grandest and richest basilica. St. Peter’s Basilica houses some of Italy’s most well-known artworks – Michelangelo’s Pieta, Bernini’s baldachin and many other famous pieces. This structure has seen its own ups and downs throughout history in periods of heightened importance and ignorance, until it was finally consecrated the early 16th century. Its lavish, rich interior will leave you at a loss for words.
- Capitoline Museums: When in Rome, pay a visit to the world’s oldest public museums. Capitoline Museums house Italy’s classic sculptures and are considered one of Italy’s best. You will find here the famed sculpture of LupaCapitolina, a bronze statue depicting a she-wolf. There is an entire gallery of famous sculptures by Titian, Caravaggio, Tintoretto and Rubens. It is not just the sculptures this museum houses, but the structure is a piece of beauty in and of itself.
- Roman Forum: Just like people today need social places to hangout with buddies, people of old also had similar needs. Roman Forum, a spread of ancient ruins comprising of temples, basilicas, open spaces and gardens and many public spaces, is a glimpse into the social lives of ancient people. This used to be a commercial, socio-political hub for the ancient romans.
GETTING TO ROME: BOOK UNITED AIRLINES TICKETS
Rome being one of the most popular tourist destinations on the planet, you will not find any difficulty getting here. You can book United Airlines tickets to Rome through Cheap Flights Freak online for a seamless travel experience. United Airlines reservations to Rome are available from some of the major cities in the US – Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Washington and many more.
A holiday destination like Rome is usually the first thing on travelers’ bucket lists; a United Airlines reservation is a no-brainer. A fulfilling vacation is one which covers all the hot topics in one go – be it history, art, culture, food or heritage – and Rome has it all! Pack your bags and book United Airlines tickets today!